Level 1: Alignment Screening and Posture as it Relates to Pelvic Health (Full Package)
PFT Trainer Certification
Level 1 Alignment Screening and Posture as it Relates to Pelvic Health
2 Day Certification Course: $750.00 (14 hours)
• Wednesday, November 7, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm: Education - Alignment Screening and Posture as it Relates to Pelvic Health
• Thursday, November 8, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm: Implementation of Alignment Screening and Posture
• 1-hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks
• ACE Credits 1.6, AFAA Credits 16, NASM Credits 1.6
1 Day Test Prep: $250.00 (7 hours)
• Friday, November 9, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Required Testing for Final Certification
Required Testing for Final Certification: $150
• Written Exam - $50.00 (via computer test) – 6 weeks for grading
• Practical Exam - $100.00 (dates to be determined)
• Two Manuals: $150.00
A major contributor to pelvic floor dysfunction is poor posture and deviances from neutral alignment of the skeletal system. This course delves into the changes that can occur to the skeletal system leading to imbalanced muscle synergy. Discussion of why it is important to recognize muscle imbalances that inhibit normal range of motion of the hips and pelvis will be explained. An understanding of the impact this can have on a woman’s pelvic health will be broader and more helpful to you as a trainer. You will experience and learn how to implement simple, unique methods in basic everyday postures utilizing standing, sitting and sleeping postures to help clients regain neutral muscle synergy.
This Level 1 certification will prepare you with a thorough blend of the necessary components of advanced theory, advanced anatomy, physiology, observational skills and practical experience. Guidance will be shared on how to inhibit overactive muscles from creating undesired musculoskeletal changes, in particular, the lumbo-pelvic region and the spine. You will gain the expertise to implement posture and alignment screenings in sitting, standing and sleeping, along with how to implement corrective posture options.
The goal of this Level 1 certification is to increase your awareness of any biomechanical issues causing inhibited pelvic mobility, stability or ability to tilt the pelvis (anteriorly, posteriorly or laterally). These biomechanical contributors lead to the inability to move optimally and therefore clients will activate incorrect muscle patterns leading to dysfunction, change in muscle tone increasing risk of injury, pelvic floor dysfunction or pain.
3 Main Objectives
1. Implement a postural alignment screening which will lead to improved analysis skills
2. Educate and offer corrective posture methods to regain neutral spine and neutral pelvis
3. Increase awareness education regarding postures role in regards to pelvic floor dysfunction