Level 2: Digestion & Nutrition as it Relates to Pelvic Health (Full Package)
PFT Pelvic Health Coach
Level 2 Certification: Digestion and Nutrition as it Relates to Pelvic Health
2 Day Certification Course: $400.00 (12 hours)
• Wednesday, October 24, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm: Education – Digestion and Nutrition as it Relates to Pelvic Health
• Thursday, October 25, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm: Implementation of Digestion and Nutrition
• 1-hour lunch and two 15-minute breaks
• ACE Credits 1.2, AFAA Credits 12, NASM Credits 1.2
1 Day Test Prep: $250.00 (7 hours)
• Friday, October 26, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Required Testing for Final Certification
Required Testing for Final Certification: $150
• Written Exam - $50.00 (via computer test) – 6 weeks for grading
• Practical Exam - $100.00 (dates to be determined)
• Two Manuals: $150.00
This certification course is designed to expand your knowledge of the body as a system that must communicate well for optimal health. Defecation habits are rarely discussed, yet poor pelvic muscle function can be caused by poor nutrition, digestion and bowel emptying habits. Conditions such as IBS, chronic constipation or chronic diarrhea can lead to pelvic floor dysfunction. These issues cause muscle incoordination and loss of muscle synergy. You will learn easy ways to discuss digestion, nutrition, smart food choices and body positioning that can help your clients improve muscle function within the pelvic floor leading to improved bowels and decreased of intra-abdominal pressure.
This certification course will prepare you with a thorough blend of the necessary components of advanced theory, advanced anatomy, physiology, observational skills and practical experience to implement behavioral screenings and offer corrective options for clients who are experiencing complaints which could be due to the condition pelvic floor dysfunction. You will have increased confidence in discussing and providing relevant education, guidance and helpful options related to pelvic floor dysfunction. This certification will prepare you with Lyne Methodology tools and techniques enabling you to teach smart food choices, smart postural changes and the difference between healthy and unhealthy body habits. These tools will to assist you with improving or helping to prevent complaints women experience with their bowel emptying which could be caused from pelvic floor dysfunction.
1. To execute and teach basic knowledge of how the digestive system works and how this relates to pelvic health.
2. To execute and teach the importance of nutrients and fiber, their impact on BMI, skeletal stress, pelvic floor dysfunction and overall health.
3. To execute and teach how to identify red flags on food packaging and to determine which fruits, vegetables and grains may be high risk choices.
4. To execute and teach the difference between healthy and unhealthy bowel habits.
5. To execute and teach easy, adaptable changes in daily behavior that will assist with improved defecation.